Re: [ecasound] direction for a live/improv audio environment

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 10:42:20 EEST

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, David O'Toole wrote:

> I have some notes at
> together/crossfading all the individual song fragments. However
> ecasound is not designed for sequencing audio files in this way, and
> indeed when I got to 15-18 tracks in the list, ecasound started crashing and
> so I have completely stopped with this approach.

hmm, that's a bit worrying. I agree ecasound is not designed for
sequencing (and there has been a warning about this on the website for
last five years or so [1] ;)), so you might run into problems, but it
shouldn't start crashing when you increase track count. Any hints at what
might be going wrong?

> I am writing it again in
> Csound, and I'm not sure if I will use ecasound much in the future.

Agreed, that might be a better approach.

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by DB2 Express