[ecasound] plea for a feature

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 12:07:52 EEST

Hello Kai!
  I wondered, would it be manageable to have simple variables in ecasound. I
mean something like a shell variable, which simply gets replaced by some text,
no type info and anything.
  I ask because, I thought of the following:
You have a stored chainsetup in a file. You replace one or two filenames or
such with $1, $2 or something and then you could load it like this:
load mycs.ecs jack in1.wav
  Nearly all my chainsetups look very similar and with a feature like that, I
could just stay in ecasound and simply load the chainsetup with a new input
very easily.
  What do you think about it? Wouold anyone else beside me find this useful
  Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide