Re: [ecasound] Mixing lots of audio clips - midi-to-wav style...

From: Julien Claassen <>
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 01:26:39 EEST

Hi Jonas!
  I think with this you might be going the wrong way. Ecasound is probably not
your tool of choice here. You might best have a look into csound/clm (common
lips music) sc3 (SuperColidor) or PD (Puredata). Pure data is pure graphics as
I believe, but I think all of the first three have text-interfaces by the
means of programmiong languages.
  I must admit, that I'm prejudiced, and that it's kind of a "religeous"
matter - say emacs and vim :-) -, but csound might be your companion here:
  The language is rather simple. If your interested in it at all, mail me back
off-list and I could probably tell you most of what you'd want to know for
your project. Not too much I'm quite sure.
  Kindest regards

the Linux TextBased Studio guide

This email is sponsored by DB2 Express