Re: [ecasound] Problem with crop gate open time

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 10:45:46 EEST

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Joe Planisky wrote:

> I've started using ecasound (version 2.4.4 on Ubuntu 6.10) to help
> digitize some old analog recordings and I'm having a problem with the
> crop gate (gc). Specifically, the gate doesn't seem to open at the
> time specified. The command I'm using is something like this:
> ecasound -i infile.wav -gc:870.102254,10 -o outfile.wav

yes, unfortunately cropping is done with block granularity, so the
buffersize setting (-b:sampleframes) defines the possible precision.

> Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

The best workaround would be to improve the implementation of "-gc". Other
options are:

  - use "-t:secs" for time-cropping (this is sample accurate)
  - use a smaller block-size (obviously is not good enough solution
    in your case)

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by DB2 Express