Re: [ecasound] Plea for a feature

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 00:24:31 EET

Hello Julien,

digging through my unanswered mail for a change, and stumbled on this.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Just recently I discovered, that there is an old wish still unfullfilled.
> Kai could you implement another time-measuring in ecasound. Measured in beats
> and/or bars relative to a specific tempo in bpm?
> Something like: -t:120,8 - meaning 120 bpm and 8 beats. I just ask, because
> sometimes I have very nasty tempos and it's a bit annoying to compute the
> absolute time, when I wish to cut something.

I'm afraid I haven't had much time to work on new features in recent
times. This, and other time-measurement updates (including named "position
tags"), would be good additions though, and will remain on the todo-list.
If anyone else wants to give these a shot, please go ahead!

  links, my public keys, etc at