[ecasound] ecasound for mac os x

From: Chris Thompson <chris.j.thompson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 22:41:37 EET

I'm working on a script that needs to use ecasound on Mac OS X, but I do not
currently have access to a Mac to compile ecasound myself (the target
machine is in NYC, I am in MN, and the end user has no experience in
compiling applications himself, although I may end up having to run him
through it). I've seen many other people having success in compiling
ecasound for OS X, and was wondering two things:

1) Does anyone have a PPC binary of ecasound?

2) If not, what is the best way to go about compiling ecasound for Mac OS X
(I have no practical experience with Mac OS X, especially not with compiling
applications on it)?

I've looked for concrete examples of this, or binaries available online, but
I cannot find anything on the mailing lists or by google. Thank you for any
help that can be provided on this.