Re: [ecasound] server connect

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 01:56:17 EET

Hi Dave,

as usual, a somewhat late reply from me, but hopefully not too late. :)

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:19:06 -0700 Dave Serls <dave@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm having problems receiving data from an eca-net-eci server.
>> Discovered that commands need to be terminated with CRLF from an
>> alternate unixverse.

Yeps, full CRLFs are needed...

> When running in daemon mode (not a classical daemon) you really need to
> specify that its interactive mode as well, if you want to issue more than one
> command.

Hmm, this is indeed somewhat couterintuitive, and probably the behaviour
should be changed (to -> daemon-mode implies interactive). And yes,
"enable-socket-interface" might be more accurate description for the
current daemon mode.

> While I'm here, the reply to 'engine-status' is '256 11 s' followed by DOS-end-of-line
> followed by 'not running' and DOS-end-of-line.
> Is this documented somewhere other than the source?

The documentation is scarce but exists at the end of the Programmer's

This even includes the CRLFs. :) Then the de facto interpretations of
the above spec are in practise the in-tree implementations:

  - the "daemon mode code" in ecasound/ecasound/eca-neteci-server.cpp
  - ecamonitor python clinet in ecasound/ecatools/ecamonitor

... in python the responses are validated with:

m = re.match('256 ([0-9]{1,5}) (.+)\r\n(.*)\r\n\r\n.*', str, re.MULTILINE | re.S)

... and then parsed with parse_eiam_response() (see ecamonitor).

  links, my public keys, etc at