Re: [ecasound] Audio::Ecasound iam test failures with recent perl

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 03:25:05 EET

Hello all,

big thanks for hunting down this bug! This turned out to be quite
a severe issue! :(

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Brad Bowman wrote:

> I tested Audio::Ecaound with 2.4.4 and can replicate the corrupted
> results from eci('int-cmd-list'). My test script is attached (
> I replicated what Audio::Ecasound is doing in C and was able to
> create a the same mess there (bug.c, attached)

That test app (bug.c) was just the thing I needed. There was a rather
dumb bug in terminating the strings returned by
eci_last_string_list_item() and eci_last_string_list_item_r(). This will
be now fixed in 2.4.5.

  links, my public keys, etc at