Re: [ecasound] ecasound+jack silent stop, silent data loss

From: Paul Knowles <Paul.Knowles@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 20:40:43 EET

>>first thing that comes to my mind is a glitch in JACK
>>transport support. There're some messages about seeking in
>>the middle of recording, and this shouldn't be
>>happening. Could you retry the tests with adding the option
> This seems to have done the trick. At least I have now 12
>hours of uninterrupted recording. The analysis for phase
>jumps (lost samples) is currently underway.

Nope, spoke too soon. After analysis, the data loss is
still there, It seems to be only one sample at most, not a
whole buffer. With the notransport option, ecasound just
doesn't tell me about it.

 I did isolate a problem with the word clock: while in use,
occassionally the sound cards would drop the PLL coherence
momentarily. I could not correlate that to the loss of
data, but when the PLL problem was made worse, there was no
increase in (supposedly lost) sample corruption, so I don't
think that the word clock is the problem there.

Any hints on how to make ecasound exit when this seek event

Paul Knowles.