[ecasound] operating multiple controlers while processing

From: sara lidgey <slidgey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 25 2006 - 06:58:43 EET

Hello All,

I am using ecasound in interactive mode and am having a mysterious issue that I can't resolve. I have one chainsetup with 2 chains. Each chain has an operator (audio sine oscillator) and a controller (another sine oscillaor) that controls the frequency of the audio oscillator. Once processing is started, I can only change parameters on the first chain's controller. All commands I think should affect the second chain's controller will just affect the first chains'. I have pasted the exact comands I am using below. If anyone can tell me why this is happening I would really appreciate it.
Thanks so much,

(jack started in advance with qjackctl)
$ ecasound -c

cs-add test_cs

c-add osc1
ai-add null
ao-add jack_generic,osc1
cop-add -el:sine_fcac,500,1
ctrl-add -kos:1,500,600,0.2,0

c-add osc2
ai-add null
ao-add jack_generic,osc2
cop-add -el:sine_fcac,700,1
ctrl-add -kos:1,700,800,0.2,0

//external commands
jack_connect ecasound:osc1_1 alsa_pcm:playback_1
jack_connect ecasound:osc2_3 alsa_pcm:playback_2

c-select osc1
cop-select 1
ctrl-select 1
ctrlp-select 4
ctrlp-set 650

c-select osc2
 cop-select 1
 ctrl-select 1
 ctrlp-select 4
 ctrlp-set 850 //this affects osc1 controller ?!?