Re: [ecasound] flac output target

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 00:38:27 EEST

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Avuton Olrich wrote:

>> Your problem description sounds like some component is hitting the 2GB
>> size limit (current file position, or some other variable is stored in a
>> Ecasound is "large-file safe" when compiled with --enable-largefile. The
>> problem could also be in the flac tools...
> The problem _was_ the flac tools, flac yesterday got the finishing
> touches for largefile stuff in cvs. It works like a charm.

ok, thanks a lot for informing us about this! I'm sure quite a few people
recording to flac are interested in properly working large-file support.
It's very good to know it's working (or at least when new releases of the
flac tools will be out)...

Btw; although in 2.4.5 flac input/output will be done using
      libsamplerate, so the largefile support needs to be
      tested again -- but I'm fairly confident that libsamplerate
      handles this correctly.

  links, my public keys, etc at