Re: [ecasound] recording from jack

From: Jure Pečar <pegasus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 13:30:32 EEST

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:15:31 +0300 (EEST)
Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Jure Pear wrote:
> > I can see in qjackctl that connections are properly set up. The
> > jackd is running. However, when I click the play button ('start
> > transport rolling'), the green text blinks 'Starting' for a moment
> > and goes back to stopped immediately. I guess this narrows down my
> > 'not recording' problem to jack. How can I debug it? Running it
> > with -v does not give
> Hmm, that's a bit odd. You can add '-dd' to ecasound command-line (or
> to use other tools, such as "jack_tranport" which comes with JACK),
> and see what is printed when the transport is stopped.

Digging deeper and deeper ... Another sign of my problems would be
jackd being killed by watchdog if I run it with -R (realtime) and
spitting between 24000 and 25000 XRUNs every two seconds if I run it
without ... First I blamed it on default centos kernel (being server
oriented and all), but now I got 2.6.16-rt16 running and the issue

Looking at /proc/interrupts, I see the interrupt counter increasing
only on one card while jackd is running ... This can't be good, can it?
It is the same if I boot the machine with noapic (cards sit on irqs 7
and 10) or not (217 and 225).

This is a server board (E7520) ... any expirience with such things?
Any known-good hardware recomendations for such setup (two envy24

Jure Pečar
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!$1720&dat1642
Ecasound-list mailing list