Re: [ecasound] digital pop

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 23:48:56 EEST

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Justin Rosander wrote:

> ecasound -i:input.wav -o:/dev/dsp (or jack_alsa, if the daemon is
> started)
> aplay input.wav

But these are a bit different, what about:

ecasound -i input.wav -o alsa,default
aplay input.wav

... are these different (pop with ecasound)? What about:

ecasound -i input.wav -o alsa,default -z:intbuf

> Now if I mix the file that's popping to another file and use aplay to
> play it, there is no pop.

I'm pretty sure it's not the file, but instead how the playback is
started (dc-offset at start, or some such problem).

  links, my public keys, etc at