Re: [ecasound] Error starting lame.

From: Dave Serls <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 20:11:13 EET

OK -- there something amiss with the ALSA support for recording with the ESS1868.
This can be noted in the prologue notes for es18xxx.c which hasn't been upgraded in millennia.
I can get a complete cassette recorded fairly reliably with
'arecord -f cd -t wav /tmp/cassette.wav'

ecasound still seg-faults. Is there some other diagnostic that I should perform?

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *