Re: [ecasound] Error starting lame.

From: Dave Serls <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 02:27:17 EET

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 01:51:51 +0200 (EET)
Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Dave Serls wrote:
> > ecasound -c -i alsahw,0 -f 16,2,11025 -o /tmp/denny_fri.121883.mp3
> Either it can't find lame, execute it, or it has problems writing to the
> file. Add '-ddd' to the command and retry. Ecasound should print out the
> lame command it uses when forking.
  I can't get ecasound to do anything on this particular PC. I have to think it's
  the soundcard, an old ESS1868 ISA card. Even arecord eventually seg-faults.
  Time to move this setup to the real audio machine.

  I re-ran ecasound with .wav output and attach the output.

*   Dave Serls                                 Littleton, CO, USA      *