Re: [ecasound] Error starting lame.

From: Avuton Olrich <avuton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 00:33:33 EET

On 3/22/06, Dave Serls <> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:25:24 -0800 (PST)
> David M Good <> wrote:
> > Maybe you just don't have rights to write to /tmp
> You must be kidding.

Actually I wouldn't think he's kidding at all. People make these
mistakes all the time (come to sometime and
you'll see them). Simple troubleshooting should be the fix to your
problem though. Attempt to write a mp3 with lame exactly as ecasound
is attempting to do. I'd assume ecasound is doing nothing more than
being a simple frontend there, so you should be able to do the same
thing by hand.