[ecasound] Mishandling of weird characters in file arguments?

From: icosa atropa <icos.atropa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 08:49:58 EET

I'm using ecasound v2.4.2, packaged with Ubuntu breezy; I took a peak
at the ecasound changelog and didn't see problem mentioned. Hopefully
I'm not too out of date here.
Ecasound dependably chokes on files containing weird characters,
commas in particular.

as one might imagine, protection pays, and
> ecasound -i "snip/22-Drum_Machine\,_Cello\,_Headwrap.mp3"
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine\\,_Cello\\,_Headwrap.mp3
*do* works; unfortunately
> ecasound -i "snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3"
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine\,_Cello\,_Headwrap.mp3
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3
do *not* work, failing with the comment
"Audio object 'snip/22-Drum_Machine' does not match ..."

The bummer is that " -i snip/*.mp3" fails for the whole directory, and
there's no direct protection that I can think of ( though I haven't
yet fully plumbed bash's "for i in" idiom)

I'm reduced to using ogg123, which works just as expected in the same
circumstances but doesn't grok jack :(

Thanks to all for Ecasound, I love it!