Re: [ecasound] ecasound/jack quandary

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 02:01:44 EET

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Justin Rosander wrote:

> I'm trying to record using a jack setup, and I can't seem to get the
> darn bitrate and samplerate going right. Without jack, I can record and
> playback with ecasound at 16,2,96000. I can start jack at the same
> values. However, AFTER I start jack, this is what I get when running
> ecasound:
> pelleas:~/fibre/samples1# ecasound -f:s16_le,2,96000 -i:jack_alsa -o:jack_alsa

you have to modify the samplerate from JACK (i.e. change the sample-rate
used by jackd). When used with JACK, the -f options have no effect (they
are always just requests for certain format, and in this case, 'jack_alsa'
object can only support the samplerate currently in use by jackd).

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files