Re: [ecasound] sound -> ecasound

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 10:47:36 EET

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, [iso-8859-15] René Bastian wrote:

> I am new on this list. I compute sounds in Python.
> I wish to send the sound w directly to ecasound
> os.system("ecaplay -i: <w location in RAM>")

I'm afraid this is not possible. You need to write the audio
to a file (or to a pipe), and have ecasound read from it.

I know some people have played around with using Python to actually
process/create the sample streams, but I don't personal experience from

Ecasound provides a Python interface (see, but
it can only be used to control the engine, not to feed samples to/from it

  links, my public keys, etc at
This email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files