Re: [ecasound] Overruns are killing me.

From: Avuton Olrich <avuton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 22:52:37 EEST

On 10/27/05, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Avuton Olrich wrote:
> Have you tried to tune your disks (google for more links):

Believe it or not I found this exact link before and it did me no good.

> Also, have you tried different kernels? The problem seems like a strange
> kernel error-case related to flushing buffers to disk (it queues up too
> much data to memory, and then at some point is forced to resolve the
> resource allocation conflicts), or something similar.

I've tried linux-2.6.13-rc5-mm1 and linux-2.6.14-rc5-mm1

> You should be able to avoid the lock-up by upgrading to 2.4.3. From the
> release notes:
> - fixed: system-hangs when run in realtime mode and using a large
> disk i/o double-buffer (-z:db)

Thanks for the info, I've since upgraded.

Thanks for all the amazing information, I will try to take this up on
the LKML and see if anyone can help me find the faulty device driver.

Visit for more information
Ecasound-list mailing list