Re: [ecasound] double buffer and kernel realtime

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 00:10:26 EEST

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

> i have another problem... if the kernel have load the  Realtime Linux Security Module or the
> user is root, when i use the double buffer the computer is crash. I had tryed all i know but
> the machine did`t response and i had push reset button... another one with this problem?

This sounds like a bug, and one related to SCHED_FIFO (real-time)
scheduling mode. But the bug is not necessarily in ecasound as I can't
reproduce it on any of my machines. What soundcard and what version of
ALSA (see cat /proc/asound/{version,cards})? Does the same happen if you
replace all instances of jack, alsa, and other sound devices with

  links, my public keys, etc at
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
Ecasound-list mailing list