Re: [ecasound] jack and ao-remove

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 00:06:39 EEST

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Pedro Antonio Fructuoso Merino wrote:

> I`m starting to think that I`m making wrong something...

I don't think so. :)

> $ecasound -i Song.mp3 -o jack -c
> > ao-index-select 1
> > ao-remove
> Segmentation Fault

Yeps, that was a clear bug, fixed now in CVS (and will be in 2.4.3).
Thanks for the detailed bug report!

> I've tested it with other outputs (arts, for example) and i haven`t had any
> problem. Another one with the same problem? is this a bug?

This only affected JACK input/outputs. Ecasound has a single JACK manager
instance that is responsible for the connection to jackd. All
input/outputs are registered to this manager. The segfault was triggered
when unregistering objects from the manager. Thus bug was specific to

  links, my public keys, etc at
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
Ecasound-list mailing list