Re: [ecasound] automatically stop recording

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 29 2005 - 13:44:35 EEST

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Ruben Jenster wrote:

> I want to know if it is possible with ecasound to automatically let the
> recording stop if the input falls below a level (nearly silence).

Yeps, with the -ge operator (see ecasound man page). The recordin won't
stop, but after the end-threshold is crossed, nothing is written to the
output file anymore... The start-threshold should be set to zero if you
don't want to skip anything at the beginning.

> I want to digitalize much vinyl records and don't want to have to stop the
> recording manually each time. But if the recording continues this will result
> into very big and long *.wav files.

You should also take a look at Gramofile:

  Audio software for Linux!
Applications - visit
Ecasound-list mailing list