Re: [ecasound] Guitar Workstation

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 23:15:02 EEST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Sean Edwards wrote:

> I am looking for a way to synchronize sound file play
> back with effect changes to a live guitar. I am
> midi complexity. In other words, when the effects
> settings for the guitar change during the play back of
> the sound file, it should be done automatically and at
> the right time. Also, the solution needs to be
> Ecasound has all the requirements: console based,
> real-time effects, sound file playback. I was
> wondering if anybody has put the pieces together like
> this before, or if it is possible. Do I need some
> other pieces to connect with something like Jack?

as demonstrated by the lack of responses, I guess nobody has yet put this
kind of system together. But it is certainly doable. I would say writing a
small custom app (maybe with Python, Ruby, Perl or some other
nice interpreted language), and using Ecasound's ECI API [1] to control
audio processing, is the best way to go.

  Audio software for Linux!