Re: [ecasound] Simultaneous ecasound and ecasignalview under ALSA?

From: Junichi Uekawa <dancer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 14:26:52 EEST

> I would like to record from alsa with ecasound while simultaneously
> monitoring levels with ecasignalview.
> But they won't share. Is this possible?
> I couldn't find an example of this in the docs or via google.

That would be very nice; my current use-scenarios would
benefit from that.

I have a gut feeling that you could do it with alsa, not
something within ecasound.

I think you should be able to do it through jack with something

jackd -d dummy &

ecasound -a rec,mon -i alsahw,1,0,0 -a rec -o file.wav -a mon -o jack_generic:monitor

ecasignalview jack_generic:monitor

But apparently ecasignalview doesn't like complex names.