Re: [ecasound] Understanding Ecasound

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 11:45:33 EET

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Terrence van Ettinger wrote:

> Hello, all,
> I am just starting with ecasound, and am finding the man page a
> little convaluted. Does anyone know if there's a more
> down-to-earth guide to working with ecasound? I'm using the
> console version.

Take a look at the documentation available at:

Especially the examples, tutorials and the user's guide are good starters.
For the very basics, the various articles offer good overview of what
Ecasound can do. For example Dave Fancella's article at

And Julien Claassen's introducton at

  Audio software for Linux!