Re: [ecasound] os x compile failure

Subject: Re: [ecasound] os x compile failure
From: Kito (
Date: Fri Nov 05 2004 - 23:03:30 EET

Hi List/Kai,

Looks like its not getting the jack symbols now. i think it should be
- -ljack and replace -lrt with -lSystem. Output is below, let me know
anytime you need os x/darwin testing.

Following packages are now configured:
ecasound: yes (ecasound,libecasound,libecasoundc)
ecatools: yes
pyecasound: yes (as native Python module)
rubyecasound: yes
libkvutils: yes
Compiler options:
AM_CFLAGS: -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing
- -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_DBC
AM_CXXFLAGS: -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing
- -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_DBC
AM_LDFLAGS: -framework CoreAudio
Following features were selected:
Debugging info: no
Effects enabled: yes
Largefile support: no
Termcap: ncurses
Libaudiofile: yes
Libsndfile: yes
ALSA support: no
OSS support: no
aRts support: no
JACK support: yes
Libsamplerate support yes
Use system readline no
Following directories are used:
Directory prefix: /usr/local
Python include dir:
Python module dir:
Ruby module dir: /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6
Extra headers:
Extra libs: -lsamplerate -laudiofile -lsndfile
Type 'make' to compile the package and 'make install' to install.
Remember to use GNU Make, often installed as 'gmake'.

% make

g++ -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_DBC
- -g -O2 -framework CoreAudio -o ecasound ecasound.o eca-curses.o
eca-comhelp.o eca-neteci-server.o eca-plaintext.o textdebug.o
../readline-4.0/libreadline.a ../readline-4.0/libhistory.a -lncurses
../libecasound/.libs/libecasound.a -L/usr/lib -lsamplerate -laudiofile
- -lsndfile -lm ../kvutils/.libs/libkvutils.a
ld: Undefined symbols:
make[2]: *** [ecasound] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2