Subject: edi-40 added; improving errors and warnings ;)
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 01:41:36 EEST
The TODO list for 2.3.x series includes...
"- better handling and reporting of errors when parsing chainsetups"
... but so far nothing much has happened. To make the goals a bit more
concrete, I assigned 'edi-40' for this issue:
(edi-40): Update to error and warning reporting mechanisms.
- submitted: kaiv, 13.05.2004
- rationale; why should this item be implemented?
- in many cases, ecasound does not give a user-understandable
explanation on why the requested operation failed
- distinction between errors and warnings is not clear in many
- list of goals/requirements that should be reached
- better error reporting for key places:
- ...when adding user-visible objects
- ...when connecting a chainsetup
- ...when issuing EIAM commands
... I'll update this if and when I get something done. The latest
version of the document can be found at:
--- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Thu May 13 2004 - 01:34:58 EEST