Subject: visecas install story
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 20:13:12 EET
Today I tried Visecas for the first time.
My machine is a mess/mixture of RH5->RH8, and I don't use Gnome at all, so
the install process was, uhm, not as easy as it could be. But, but, now
Visecas 0.3.5 is finally installed and running.
What I had to do was:
- install visecas-0.3.5
- trying to run visecas produced errors about missing packages...
- removed all libglade1 packages (conflicted with glade2 packages)
- I had already gtk2 installed, so I could skip that
- installed the following RH8 packages: libbonobo-2.0.0-4.i386.rpm
GConf2-1.2.1-3.i386.rpm gail-*rpm libgnomecanvas-2.0.2-1.i386.rpm
- installed ruby-gnome2-all-0.8.1.tar.gz from source
- got the "/ecasound.rb:135:in `command': lost synchronisation to
ecasound subprocess" error, so I edited the file
"lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/visecas/ecasound.rb" and changed TIMEOUT
=> ta-daa, visecas runs! :)
Some quick comments:
- looks very nice! :)
- I like the feature that visecas accepts all the same arguments
as ecasound does; this makes switching between ecasound and
I'll now continue testing... Hopefully this install log is of help to
others who want to try out Visecas.
-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Sat Jan 31 2004 - 20:11:59 EET