Subject: edi-33; initial libsndfile support
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 19:34:09 EET
I've commited initial support for libsndfile to CVS. Some things are still
missing, but this is at least a start.
- ability to read .w64, .voc, .iff, .nist, .xi, etc files with
Potential future benefits
- dithering on write (edi-37); dithering support is under
development in libsndfile
- flac-support (edi-32); also on libsndfile's TODO-list
- wavpack-support (another lossless format); not yet
supported but might be ;)
# filetypes assigned by defaul to libsndfile
ecasound -i foo.w64 -o alsa
ecasound -i foo.voc -o alsa
# override filetype maps
ecasound -i sndfile,foo.wav -o alsa
cp foo.wav foobar_no_dot_ext
ecasound -i sndfile,foobar_no_dot_ext -o alsa
These all work with current CVS.
- write-mode not yet implemented (will be soon)
- some clever policy on how Ecasound should assign different
file formats to different audio file i/o modules (native,
libaudiofile, libsndfile); I still have to think about
how to do this
Comments, wishes, etc are welcome.
-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Wed Nov 19 2003 - 19:30:25 EET