Re: [ecasound] -erc effect causes delay

Subject: Re: [ecasound] -erc effect causes delay
From: Jeremy Hall (
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 23:40:30 EEST

hmmph I will do a make clean and make sure that things are getting built

I tried to make an easier setup for the delay thing but a single chain
works fine. I tried to add a second chain with the null device and got
XRUNs on the null device

ecasound -f:f32_le,1,48000 -i Track_3-1.wav -erc:1,2 -f:s32_le,2,48000 -o
alsa,out -a:jhall -i null -o null

it didn't matter whether -o was null or rtnull it still got XRUNs.

It should be pointed out the delay was not a simple delay, rather it was a
sample-synched copy on both channels, followed by delays that back off in
the right channel. It made for a nice phasing effect at small buffer

You might be able to reproduce by splitting a file into separate files,
one for each channel, then trying to rtcombine them with the example I
have shown. It doesn't take much to make these files and if you want me
to provide one I'd be happy to. (these came from ardour)