Re: [ecasound] ecanormalize

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecanormalize
From: Al Oomens (
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 19:35:10 EET

I guess I didn't really mean to say that it was
'incorrectly showing' clipped-samples (I did notice
that the max-peak never went above 1.0000). I just
wanted to be sure I understood what was going on. :-)

On my digital multi-tracker, if the 'meter' shows
clipped, the signal was definately clipped. In this
case though I'm sure they have dirrect hw support
(since Korg made the whole thing, hardware and
software). So, I was just concerned when I saw
something 'clipped'.

I totally agree that if it's not possible to detect
clipping in hw, it's much better to be safe than
sorry, especially during recording.