Re: [ecasound] Network streaming with ecssound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] Network streaming with ecssound
From: William Goldsmith (
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 21:38:33 EET

I would be *very* interested in a method to write to a tcp socket &/or a
streaming server such as Icecast.

At the top of my wish list would be the ability to merge multiple ecasound
outputs into a single stream that is then piped to a streaming server,
without the use of a sound card. I currently do that using an SBLive card
with the OSS drivers. But it's stupid using a sound card just as a "junction
box" (I don't do any a/d or d/a conversions - just pipe the record.pcm input
to multiple instances of LAME using the liveice streaming encoder). Seems
like jack would be a much better tool for the job, if someone were to write
the output plugins.

I'd also like to be able to pipe a 'monitor mix' stream to another system
w/out dealing with the latency of a streaming server.