Underruns

Subject: Underruns
From: Nolan J. Darilek (nolan_d_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 20:57:49 EET

Today I tried using ecasound to do some basic
mixing, and am encountering lots of issues, specifically in the latest
CVS checkout. Many of them seem to yield warnings similar to what
happens here:

ecasound -i piano.wav -ge:5,5,0
. . .
(eca-engine) Prefilling i/o buffers.
(audioio-db-client) Warning! Underrun in reading from "piano.wav". Trying to recover.
(audioio-db-client) Warning! Underrun in reading from "piano.wav". Trying to recover.
(audioio-db-client) Warning! Underrun in reading from "piano.wav". Trying to recover.
. . .

I seem to be encountering lots of underruns like these. They also seem
to surface in interactive mode; I was looping a wave, attempting to
correctly set the starting position and chain length, and an underrun
caused the timing to be off.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong, or is there some way of
fixing this issue?

Thanks.