Re: [ecasound] telnet is all you need

Subject: Re: [ecasound] telnet is all you need
From: Mario Lang (mlang_AT_delysid.org)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:57:35 EET

Kai Vehmanen <kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi> writes:

> I've just tested using telnet to remotely control an ecasound session
> (from moria.seul.org at MIT to my machine in Helsinki), and yup, works
> great! See the full log below.
Cool, this looks interesting. I'd like to ask
if only 256 messages are returned with NetECI.
Reason is, in ecasound.el, I use the prompt of ecasound
to determine when output from a command is finished.
This is done because I could encounter <256 messages, and
wouldn't know when to return a value from eci-command.

SO, if NetECI only returns 256 messages, it's easy,
if not, I'd like to ask if it is a serious problem
to add a prompt to neteci?

--
CYa,
  Mario