Subject: [ecasound] development release: 2.2.0-pre1
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 19:27:15 EEST
Now that we got the shared libs out of the way, let's increase the speed a
bit. :) Here's the first 2.2.0 pre-release. My aim is to get 2.2.0 out of
the door in November or December. I don't have much free time for
development, so there won't be many (if any) new features, just lot of
testing and stabilizing work.
Getting 2.2.0 stable might be a bit painful as most people are still using
2.0.x, but once we get this work finished, I hope to be able to put stable
releases out much more frequently (ie. meaning no -preX or -rcY (or -devX)
cycles before each and every stable release).
- edi-entries: edi-24, edi-28, edi-29, edi-30
- note: libecasound and libkvutils interface version numbers
will from now on track API changes instead of ABI
- added: edi-24; resample audio object added
- added: edi-29; initial version of ecamonitor
- added: edi-28; eiam-command 'int-output-mode-wellformed'
- removed: edi-30; ecasound internal plugins no longer
- changed: ALSA support requires alsa-lib version
0.9rc4 or newer
- changed: libecasoundc versioning back to normal libtool
style; interface version reverted back to 1:0:0
- changed: edi-28; C implementation of ECI, libecasoundc,
is rewritten to not depend on libecasound
- changed: edi-28; pyecasound is rewritten to use the
new C ECI implementation instead of direct
use of libecasound
- changed: edi-30; removed all shared libs and subpackages
containing them from ecasound.spec.in
- changed: added ecamonitor to ecasound.spec.in
- changed: edi-30; libecasound and libkvutils
versioning back to normal libtool style
- fixed: unnecessary warnings when closing OSS
- fixed: unnecessary warnings when adding audio
objects to a chainsetup with no chains
- fixed: resample, reverse and typeselect audio objects
types were broken in 2.1dev11
- fixed: removing audio inputs and outputs didn't work
- fixed: bugs in multitrack-mode operation; processing
would stop once all input objects were
- fixed: pyeca.py - correct handling of 'e' and '-'
return types [jhalttun]
- fixed: eiam - removed the extra newline char from output
of 'cop-status' and 'ctrl-status'
- fixed: loglevel settings were lost when output mode
- fixed: ecamonitor was missing from the dist package
-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Thu Oct 17 2002 - 19:25:38 EEST