Subject: [ecasound] stability of the 2.1devX series
From: Kai Vehmanen (k_AT_eca.cx)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 22:05:39 EEST
2.1devX has been in development since August of 2001. Now I'm facing the
same old problem: is 2.1dev11 stable enough, and if not, what needs to be
done befofe 2.2.0?
So I'd like to hear from you who are using 2.1devX releases or the current
CVS-tree. Are there any critical bugs or missing features that you have
noted? Positive reports (ie. "I'm using 2.1devX regularly for X and it's
working fine") are also very welcome.
My own list of items is as follows:
- resample io-type (edi-24; even if using the old resampling code)
- partially implemented, needs testing
- bugs in the reverse io-type
- basic documentation of ecasignalview to user's guide
- the new user-interface is quite nice :)
- determinate and document what is the "official" way to do
multitrack-recording on ecasound (to user's guide)
- ie. whether to write bash scripts or write chainsetup
- a complete example of an recording&mixing session would
be very nice!
- implement a neteci monitor client (but _not_ the neteci (RPC-)API)
- more basic documentation of ecasound (the ui) to user's guide
- API-issue: output_samples() -> max_output_samples()?
So nothing really serious on this list.
-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Tue Sep 17 2002 - 22:06:47 EEST