Subject: [ecasound] devel-release: 2.1dev5
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 15:12:47 EET
As it's over a month since dev4, and there are no known serious problems
with the current CVS-tree, it's time to get 2.1dev5 out.
Instead of coding, I've spent quite a lot of time using ecasound for
actual real work (ie. recording and mixing music) during the last few
weeks. As a matter of fact, I think I've recorded more material with
2.1dev5 than with any other ecasound release.
The bad news is that this has slowed development quite a bit, but on the
other hand, the good news is that ecasound seems to work very nicely now.
Thanks to the new disk-i/o subsystem and semi-intelligent parameter
selection, ecasound usually works as it should without need for additional
fine-tuning. There are some minor annoying features, but most of them are
old issues, and already on the todo-list. The bottom line is that I've
been able to record multiple long tracks without any xrun or synchronation
problems! Yay! :)
- added: docs - Documentation/manpages.html
- added: ecalength - -su option added [smassy]
- added: experimental support for largefiles (>2GB);
enabled with --with-largefile configure option
- changed: most preset names changed in 'effect_presets'
- changed: ecasoundrc - new defaults for mp3 and ogg
- changed: unified kvutils build process; added separate
libkvutils_debug target; CXXFLAGS shared with
ecasound build configuration
- fixed: processing didn't stop with setups that had loop-
devices connected to multiple input objects
- fixed: using loop devices in setups with non-default
internal sample rate could cause unwanted
- fixed: -kog and -f were broken (since dev4)
- fixed: bugs in passing audio format params to
mp3 and ogg encoders; note! update your
~/.ecasoundrc to match the new defaults,
see ecasoundrc(5) man page
- fixed: ecasound wrote to ewf-files opened in read-only mode
- fixed: work-around for environments without the C99 stdint.h
header file [anarcat]
- fixed: eiam - problems with 'cs-set-position-samples',
'cs-rewind' and 'cs-forward' with unconnected
-- http://www.eca.cx Audio software for Linux!
-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <ecasound-list-request_AT_wakkanet.fi>.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Wed Dec 05 2001 - 15:05:07 EET