Re: [ecasound] A few bugs

Subject: Re: [ecasound] A few bugs
From: Kai Vehmanen (
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 02:20:04 EEST

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, S. Massy wrote:

> - If someone is lunatic enough to copp-select a param number that does
> not exist and the selected effect is a preset, ecasound will segfault
> upon issuing copp-get/set. After I found this out I tried the same

Fixed (in 1.9dev7).

> - If you try to use looping with -z:db enabled with a command such as:
> $ ecasound -z:db -i:test.wav -o:/dev/dsp -t:20 -tl
> expect some surprises. It behaves very randomly, sometimes you will
> here only half of what was intended to be played, sometimes it will

True. This is a bit difficult to fix. In these situations I recommend
using ewf for looping (works ok with -z:db).

> - If you have an ewf file set up for looping and (once again) are
> lunatic enough to fw further than its intended point of wrapping around
> a segfault will be triggered, rw'ing beyond the beginning does not
> cause this however, nor does it happen with -tl.

> - When using ewf for looping a portion of a file the snippet of audio
> played is about one second longer than it should be, this problem also
> does not exist when using -t/-tl for looping.

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce this... might -b:xx setting have an effect here?

> - You cannot use "~" in file names to denominate a path relative to
> $HOME. There must be a bug at some point while parsing the command
> line because you get a "couldn't open file for reading" error. Of
> course that's nowhere near dramatic but that's a bit well.... bugging.

Commands issues in ecasound's CLI are preparsed by the
readline library routines. So it's readline that does the
filename completion. Ecasound just sees the result.

 Audio software for Linux!

-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <>.