Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!

Subject: Re: [ecasound] newbie in need for help!
From: Marco Ciampa (
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 19:45:46 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> > Ok. Problem: I have a sample quite large from wich I want to play a
> > little piece in the middle of it mixed with others chains in the
> > starting position of my play. How can i do it?
> Ok, I little summary of ways to modify object position and lenght:
> - to skip the beginning of an audio file, use the -y option
> "ecasound -i:file.wav -y:20 -o /dev/dsp" -> play file.wav
> from 20.0s to end-of-file
> - alternative way to do the above is ewf's "start-position"
> parameter
> - to play an audio file at a certain point in time,
> use ewf's "offset" parameter
> ... so coming back to your question, either use "-y", or then an ewf-file
> with "offset" set to 0 and "start-position" set to the appropriate value.
> > I thinked to shift all the chain's offset but now I need to start
> > ecasound at a given position for all the chains and I do not see any
> > command line switch to do it. I see the general time limit command (-t)
> > but not the global start...
> You're correct, there's no command to do a "global -y".
found (sort of) global -y!
I just do a
./ecasound -a:1 [...] -a:2 [...] -a:all -y:nn -o /dev/dsp

Well, two (little?) requests...
  -t = global lenght
 -a:all -y:m = set global chain start-position to m
 -a:n -y:m = set single chain start-position to m
you could
 add -t to sigle chain control
 add a -z (for offset) to the chain control, single and global(=all)
this could be a great improvement to the command line usefulness and a
more simmetric operation with respect to the interactive mode.

2) why not to use gnu gettext? I'm here ready to translate! (in italian
of course)

Many thanks

Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will
you. -- Albert Einstein

Marco Ciampa Open IT S.r.l | ciampix AT | openit AT

-- To unsubscribe send message 'unsubscribe' in the body of the message to <>.