[ecasound] possibile connectivity problems

Subject: [ecasound] possibile connectivity problems
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 21:14:57 EET

One reason ecasound development has been so quiet recently is that I've
been working on a large scale network change at WakkaNet Oy (Finnish ISP).
The whole issue is quite complex, but in short, we have to give up our old
C-class and change to a new one. This is not going to be an easy
operation, as we've been using the old addresses ever since 1995 or
something. Another problem is that we are largely dependent on few
(big) national operators and their staff to handle our case properly.
And as one of the operators is losing us as a customer, I just
have to expect the worst. :(

Now as for ecasound, this change can cause downtime for ecasound web sites
(eca*cx and www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound), this mailing list and my
personal mailbox. The change will happen during the next weekend
(Thu-Sun). The ecasound download are at http://ecasound.seul.org and the
CVS-tree will not be effected.

And of course, I will be quite busy during the operation, so I won't have
much time to reply to ecasound-related matters. Hopefully everything goes
as planned...