Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 18:09:26 EET

In Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:57:18 +0200 (EET) Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> cum veritate scripsit :

> >> +#define __KERNEL__ 1
> >> #include <asm/atomic.h>
> >> +#undef __KERNEL__
> > Anyways, patch applied.
>
> I'll take that back - not applied. Although this works for some
> platforms,
> using __KERNEL__ from a user-space app might cause problems. But no
> worry,
> I wrote a dedicated macro for checking asm/atomic.h. So instead of
> HAVE_ASM_ATOMIC_H we can now use USE_ASM_ATOMIC.

Yup, sounds like a better idea, because using __KERNEL__
where atomic.h has some #ifdef SMP branching seems like a very inappropriate
thing to do.

I think it's nicer to write a
AC_TRY_COMPILE
thing to check if including atomic.h will provide a read_atomic function.

# and goes off to check if the last upload did get compiled by the
# sparc build daemon, and finds out that it actually has been compiled.

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp