Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 23:57:18 EET

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> just add a configure option (--disable-atomic-ops), which would
> force the use of pthread-based locking. asm/atomic.h is used only
> because atomic operations are much more efficient (only concerns
[...]
>> +#define __KERNEL__ 1
>> #include <asm/atomic.h>
>> +#undef __KERNEL__
> Anyways, patch applied.

I'll take that back - not applied. Although this works for some platforms,
using __KERNEL__ from a user-space app might cause problems. But no worry,
I wrote a dedicated macro for checking asm/atomic.h. So instead of
HAVE_ASM_ATOMIC_H we can now use USE_ASM_ATOMIC.

PS Just updates the CVS-tree with the latest updates.