Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] trying to port things to ultralinux etc.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 21:18:07 EET

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> This is my attempt to make the compile go.
> It might be better not to use asm/atomic.h

But as you notice, this was meant to be optional. So we could
just add a configure option (--disable-atomic-ops), which would
force the use of pthread-based locking. asm/atomic.h is used only
because atomic operations are much more efficient (only concerns
-z:db mode), and require platform dependent assembler. Linux's
asm/atomic.h just happens to implement these for numerous platforms.
But asm/atomic.h shouldn't be required to use ecasound (including
the use of -z:db).

> --- ecasound-1.8.5d15.orig/kvutils/locks.h
> +++ ecasound-1.8.5d15/kvutils/locks.h
> +/* trying defining __KERNEL__ for compilation (Junichi Uekawa) */
> +#define __KERNEL__ 1
> #include <asm/atomic.h>
> +#undef __KERNEL__

Anyways, patch applied.