Re: [ecasound] patch for ewf handling in ecasound

Subject: Re: [ecasound] patch for ewf handling in ecasound
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 23:01:41 EET

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Steve Morris wrote:

> I posted this once before but it appeared under a different thread and
> seemed to be largely ignored.

Uh, sorry, my mistake. This is indeed a very important fix, and will
definititely be included in 1.8.6...

> This will restore the reading of parameters from an ewf file. While
> there may be other problems with ewf handling, this will at least read
> in the loop paramaters.

When I was talking about "problems with ewf handling" I specifically
meant this problem you reported. At the moment I'm not aware of any other
ewf-related problems. So in other words, do report any problems you
notice.

> diff -r1.7 audioio-ewf.cpp
>> ewf_rc.load();

Uh, this was stupid. For my defense, the RESOURCE_FILE class is used all
over ecasound. The same routines are responsible for parsing effect
presets, ecasoundrc files, generic oscillator definition, ewf-files, etc,
etc ... But of course, when I made changes to RESOURCE_FILE, I should
have checked classes using it... oh well, you never learn. ;)