[ecasound] MIDI controller latency

Subject: [ecasound] MIDI controller latency
From: bsaylor@macalester.edu
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 21:46:38 EET

I asked about this problem on the list before but didn't get a
response..

I'm using ecasound v1.8.5d15 and a recent CVS version of ALSA (however,
I use ecasound with OSS emulation). When controlling effects parameters
with an external MIDI controller I get a large latency (about 1 second)
even when the audio latency is very low. I don't think this is a
problem with ALSA, because I can use the controller in realtime with
another program (SpiralSynth). What could be going on? Any help would
be appreciated..

Thanks,
Ben