Re: [ecasound] delays using real-time w/redhat 7

Subject: Re: [ecasound] delays using real-time w/redhat 7
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 19:27:47 EET

In Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:22:03 -0800 (PST) Greg Hamerly <ghamerly@cs.ucsd.edu> cum veritate scripsit :

> > ecasound -r -b:16 -a:1 -i:/dev/dsp -o:/dev/dsp
>
> My setup is: redhat 7, pIII 500, 256 MB, soundblaster live value, stock
> redhat sound driver (module emu10k1). Ecasound was installed from the
> latest ecasound & ecasound-plugins RPMS (1.8.2r14-1).

Hi, I'm using the plain kernel from www.kernel.org with
Debian GNU/Linux(sid) with pIII 500, 192MBRAM, and SBAWE and XWAVE master
with ALSA driver.

I have never been able to run decently stably with anything more
than :

ecasound -r -b:1024 -a:1 ....

And it is, just marginally bearable.

# Is anyone really able to work with that low amount of buffersize ?
# If a LL kernel allows me to do that, I would look into it for sure ;)
# in fact, I've been looking at the patch in the last hour...

regards,
        junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp