Re: [ecasound] ecasound and alsa

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecasound and alsa
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 17:15:35 EET

In 12 Jan 2001 19:32:24 -0500 Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> cum veritate scripsit :

> ecasound clearly thinks it's doing something for the correct amount of
> time, butI can't hear anything. Am I missing something? I can hear
> the line in through the speakers when I'm playing my source, so I
> don't think it's the muting problem.

I guess it could be your /dev/dsp isn't configured right.

Mine is like this :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 1月 8 14:49 /dev/dsp -> dsp0
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 14, 3 12月 30 1999 /dev/dsp0

Or could be that you don't have OSS-compatible modules done right.
Try "lsmod" and see the output.

> I'm using ecasound v1.8.5d15 and alsa-driver-0.5.9c, and my soundcard
> is an SB-live.

try doing

ecasound -i:alsa,0 -o:filename.wav

regards,