[ecasound] ecasound and alsa

Subject: [ecasound] ecasound and alsa
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad@laymusic.org)
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 02:32:24 EET

I have used ecasound successfully in the past with the OSS lite
drivers.

I have since then switched to the alsa drivers. I can use ecasound to
play the .wav files I previously recorded, and when I record, using:

        ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o file.wav

I get a .wav file, but when I play it, using:

        ecasound file.wav

ecasound clearly thinks it's doing something for the correct amount of
time, butI can't hear anything. Am I missing something? I can hear
the line in through the speakers when I'm playing my source, so I
don't think it's the muting problem.

I'm using ecasound v1.8.5d15 and alsa-driver-0.5.9c, and my soundcard
is an SB-live.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574