Re: [ecasound] ecawave

Subject: Re: [ecasound] ecawave
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 19:36:37 EET

In Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:53:28 +0200 (EET) Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> cum veritate scripsit :

> <small><rant>
> As a side note, this distribution thing is really starting to get out of
> hands. Now that we have zillion distros doing things slightly differently,
> Redhat releasing devel gcc versions, etc, etc, it's becoming really
> difficult to manage package distribution issues. Uhm, it's clear more work
> needs to be done, especially with ecawave and qtecasound. Anyway, big
> thanks to pld, debian and *bsd guys (and others) for helping me out with
> these. It looks like I really need the help. ;)
> </rant></small>

It helps if we have much cleaner Makefile.am without hacks,
so that it can do its job. (but if they are not up to it, then we've
gotta work with hacks, yes).

BTW, I realized that your version of Makefile.in seems to have typos.
I remade them with my automake/autoconf, and the resulting
diff suggests that there has been a typo and the upstream for
autoconf/automake have corrected it.

I found this line in my diff for Makefile.in:

- cp -pr $$/$$file $(distdir)/$$file; \
+ cp -pr $$d/$$file $(distdir)/$$file; \

I'm using :
autoconf 2.13
automake 1.4

with Debian patches...